Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A Trump Ghost Story!

Setting:   Donald Trump’s bedroom.  It is late night, before the cock crows.  Sensing a presence, Trump puts down his cell phone.

TRUMP:   Who goes there?  Ivanka, is that you?


I, Caligula, the third Roman Emperor
GHOST:    Donald, it is I, Caligula, the third Roman Emperor.
TRUMP:   You’re a ghost!
GHOST:    Yes, that’s because I’m dead.
TRUMP:    I can see you!  You have on a Trump tie and shirt!
GHOST:     Better to blend in with your administration.
TRUMP:    What the hell do you want?
GHOST:     I was just in the neighborhood.  No, only kidding!  I’ve been watching you.
TRUMP:    Everybody’s been watching me.  I’m very famous!
GHOST:     I just think we have a lot in common.  I mean, starting with the fact that you are Emperor.
TRUMP:    That’s true.
GHOST:     You know, I built a lot of buildings, too, in my time.
TRUMP:    What kind of buildings, like hotels?
GHOST:     Well, a bunch of big buildings with gigantic columns and lobbies with the best marble and gold.  But my favorite was the palace I built for my horse, who by the way almost made it to the Senate.
TRUMP:     Any golf courses?
GHOST:      None that I can recall.  But I did build a floating bridge about 2 miles long and I used to chase the Senators back and forth in my chariot.  I was brutal to them.  I also spent money like there was no tomorrow, cut taxes, created wars including fake ones, had a lot of great sex with anyone including members of my family, and was known to howl at anyone or anything, such as the moon, threatened everyone left and right, then pretty much bankrupted the entire Roman Empire.   They said I was crazy.
TRUMP:    I never paid attention to Rome stuff at school but it sounds like a pretty good agenda to me.
GHOST:     I was very popular for a while.  Great poll numbers.
TRUMP:    I’m incredibly popular!  I shoot people and they still vote for me.
GHOST:     Yes, so I’ve heard.
TRUMP:    Not from CNN or that pile of garbage Buzzfeed?
GHOST:    No, I can’t get them.  I use RT.
TRUMP:   So you sound like you’ve got a great resume.  I’m Emperor, so if I want a ghost on my team, it’s done.  Anything special, any special skill that you don’t have so I can put you in charge of that?
GHOST:    I’ve never been good at Health and Human Services.  In my time it was Death or Slavery.
TRUMP:   Great. I’m nominating you. You sound perfect.  Great to meet you.  What did you say your name is?
GHOST:    Caligula.
TRUMP:   All right.  How do my people get hold of you?
GHOST:    Just tweet @caligulathemonster
TRUMP:   Say, one last question.  How long were you Emperor?
GHOST:    Four years.
TRUMP:   One term, and you got voted out.
GHOST:    Something like that.

Ghost vanishes.  Trump picks up his cellphone and tweets.  The cock crows.

THE END

The Emperor's Pajamas

Special History Education Bonus:  http://bit.ly/2jvQeqI












































































































































1 comment:

  1. Too bad the sculptor didn't have enough marble for Caligula's real hairdo.

    ReplyDelete